All sources are available on Github.
Setup your RootFS on a USB Flash Drive
Read my other post to build a Debian filesystem on a USB stick.
Update your Kernel to Mainline Linux
- Plug the USB stick you prepared above into your router.
- Using the stock update utility, flash your router with uImage-3.16.7-candyhouse.
- Your router will reboot on its own.
- When it comes back up, it’ll be running Debian.
- Default creds are the same as stock (root / admin), the default ESSID is “candyhouse”, and the default WPA-PSK is “Candyhouse”.